Monday, March 3, 2008

Glen Hansard on Hollywood



Oscar winner Glen Hansard (for Once) had this to say in a recent Pitchfork interview:

People kept saying to me all night, "So, what neighborhood are you going to live in?" I was like, "What do you mean?" They said, "Obviously you're going to come out here and get into film work." I was like, "No." Everybody just assumed we were going to move to Hollywood, and next year try to get another one. Dude, this is once in a lifetime. I'm going straight back to making music after this. I had this conversation with a few people who just didn't get it. People are trying to sign you up to an agency or write music for another film. As much as I would do it if it was the right thing, the last thing I want to do is move out here and try to make my money doing that.

A stirring sentiment. Check the full interview on the front page of Pitchfork, including words with co-star/winner Markéta Irglová.

No comments: